Chamber Networking and Committees
Committees in Action
Are you looking for unlimited networking opportunities? Would you like to help improve our area’s quality of life? Do you have a vision for our area’s future that you would like to see realized? Do you enjoy working with others to accomplish a long-lasting legacy? Then read further to find the Chamber committee that’s right for you and start getting involved today.
•Events - Focusing on any Chamber Event including but not limited to: Pig Roast, Golf Tournament, Annual Banquet , Luncheons (Breakfasts), Special Events, Chamber Ambassadors
•Legislative Issues - Focusing on: Identifying Legislative Agendas to present to the membership.
•Education - Focusing on: Education in the Community
•Partnership - Focusing on: Monthly meeting of City entities and Chamber for updates and collaboration
(All other sub-committees will be held as necessary)
Call the Chamber at 863-422-3751 for more information or to join any of our committees. Your volunteer efforts are essential to the Chamber’s Program of Work and bring you the added benefit of networking with fellow community businesses.
Network and Learn
NETWORKING IS A BUZZ WORD THAT EVERYONE USES BUT IT REALLY DOES WORK!
Below are some examples to help get you started:
1. Start every year by looking at your methods for networking… Are they working? Do you need to make a change?
2. Have a goal to meet 100 new people each year. Accomplish this by keeping 10 business cards with you at a time. Hand your business card to every new person you meet and collect one of theirs. Write on the back who they are, when you met, and what you learned about them. Restock when your supply runs out, you will be amazed at how often you need more cards!
3. Continue your goal to meet 100 new people by attending our Monthly Business After Hours the 3rd Tuesday of every month (check the calendar as dates are subject to change). At the event, be sure to participate in our fun networking activities. In addition to great prizes, this encourages even the shy and timid to meet at least five people.
4. Get the word out! An economical, yet great, approach is to leave your place of business for at least one hour a day or one day a month to meet new people and build relationships. Read through your new contact cards (from #2 and #3 above) and invite a new acquaintance to breakfast or lunch. Ask to see their place of business to learn more about how your relationship can be mutually beneficial.
5. Get working on networking today. The opportunities are endless! Check out our Calendar to get involved!
Monthly Chamber Calendar: (Subject to Change)
(Dates and times subject to change)
Third Tuesday – Business After Hours, 5 to 7 p.m.
Third Thursday – Membership meeting, 11:45 a.m. (luncheons); 8:30 a.m. (breakfasts) - Lake Eva Banquet Hall
Pig Roast Committee meeting, meet as scheduled
Annual Chamber events include:
January - Annual Banquet, 6 to 9 p.m.
March - Annual Youth Leadership & Scholarship Golf Tournament.
April – Youth Leadership Graduation, third Thursday, 11:30 a.m.
September – Business & Industry Awards luncheon, third Thursday, 11:30 a.m.
November – Pig Roast & Political Rally, 6 to 9:30 p.m.
Additional events scheduled throughout the year....make sure to check the Chamber Events calendar often!